Got skills? Of course you do. Everyone, every age, has something they are good at, or have a passion for. HOTC has ideas where you can put those skills and passions to (volunteer) work right here in our community.
- Crafty – if you can use a sewing machine, help make comfort pillows for breast cancer patients.
- Animal Whisperer – Thomasville-Thomas County Humane Society and Miss Kitty Feline Sanctuary, Inc. always need help with facility upkeep and animal socialization.
- Sporty – Can you spell YMCA? Be a volunteer coach or referee.
- Foodie – Help out at the Food Bank or Soup Kitchen.
- Writer – Spread the love of a the written word through literacy programs at the Thomas County Public Library System, or tutor at Thomasville Community Resource Center.
- Tech Geek – Several non-profits need help updating their websites and social media.
- Musically Gifted – Entertain at a senior center or youth organization.
- Artsy – The Center for the Arts! Need we say more?
- Green Thumb – Keep Thomas County Beautiful could use your help at the Community Education Garden.
- Professional – Many non-profits need help updating databases, answering phones, and providing administrative assistance.
- Horsey – Hands & Hearts for Horses is always looking for volunteers to help with hippotherapy and therapeutic riding sessions.
- Player – Play board games and bingo at the Scott Senior Center.
- Entrepreneur – Hold a collection drive for items needed by a local non-profit: canned food, new & unwrapped toys, school supplies, toiletries, paper products, towels and blankets are always in demand.
- Nature Lover – Help with removal of invasive species at Birdsong Nature Center.
- Always Prepared – Get trained with the Red Cross.
- Brave – Save a life…Give blood.
- Handy – Good with tools, building, basic construction, or landscaping? Habitat for Humanity wants you.
Email HOTC and we’ll help find your volunteer niche.