HOTC DAY BY THE NUMBERS:
936 volunteers ~ 3745 hours ~ 7059 individuals served
44 non-profit/community agencies ~ 57 project sites
THANK YOU THOMAS COUNTY!
Scroll down for pictures. Find even more pics on Facebook!
What a BEAUTIFUL HOTC Day! Sunny skies matched the sunny attitudes and smiles of volunteers that came out to do good at projects across Thomas County. You could just feel the good vibes. It almost felt like the good old days!
HOTC Day 2021 on Saturday, October 23 definitely had a huge impact on our community and its citizens, mentally, spiritually, and physically. It felt so good to serve alongside 900+ of our friends and neighbors! Look at some of the good things we accomplished together:
- 21 additional grave sites (including 2 veterans) were uncovered at historic Midway CME Cemetery
- Family friendly activities like four square, twister, checkers, and hopscotch were created at Northside Park
- Sidewalks were cleared of debris for safe use by pedestrians in Coolidge
- A sensory playground was created for Never Lost
- 112 trees were distributed to community members to help replenish the tree canopy depleted by storms over the past several years.
- DIY and Grab & Go volunteers made 162 hygiene kits for local human service agencies, 158 comfort items for Archbold patients, 92 dog and cat toys for local shelters, over 1000 holiday and smile cards for seniors, and 59 Christmas stockings for local youth organizations.
With 57 Independent and Traditional project sites, everyone had an opportunity to “do good.” Thank you to those who volunteered for our non-profit and community agencies, and to all of the sponsors and donors who make community-minded events like these possible.
Click to see full image! See more pics on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Special thanks to these Diamond Level & above Sponsors, and all of our donors and sponsors for making volunteer programs and events like these possible.