Flying Pig Animal Sanctuary Volunteer Opportunity
A great opportunity to work on a variety of projects for a variety of skill levels. Timeline: Meet at the Animal Sanctuary
- Meet at the Animal Sanctuary at 9 a.m.
- Everyone who’s volunteering will fill out a liability waiver.
- Next they’ll go over basic rules and goals for the day.
- Then, work on projects until noon with water breaks in between.
- From noon-1pm you can hang out together, eat together, and spend time with some of the animals who live at Flying Pig Animal Sanctuary.
- They’ll have some light snacks to share and encourage everyone to pack themselves a vegan lunch and or snacks if they’ll be hungry after working.
- Please note: Out of respect for their residents they don’t allow animal products on sanctuary grounds.
- Wear comfortable work clothes and shoes.
- Bring your water bottle
- Sunscreen (it’s Sunny at the Sanctuary)
- You may also bring snacks to share with the residents. After projects are completed, you can hang out with some of the animal friends and share treats with them. (12 p.m.-1 p.m.). They enjoy squash, zucchini, non-citrus fruit, lettuce, corn, carrots and cucumbers. The pigs especially love bananas and Cheerios. The chickens especially love cut grapes, apples and blueberries. And the goats especially love apples and Cheerios as treats.
Be sure to tell ’em HOTC sent you!
***This is not a HOTC sponsored project. We are solely acting as a referral service for our non-profits partners.
COVID-19 information: Masks, gloves, and social distancing are still highly encouraged. If you are immune-compromised and/or requested to self-quarantine, feeling unwell, have any symptoms of illness, or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please stay home and join us at a future opportunity. Please follow all current health guidelines by the CDC and local/state officials, and respect those of our non-profit partners and community agencies.
(Sunday) 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Flying Pig Animal Sanctuary
197 Darsey Rd.