Flying Pig Animal Sanctuary Volunteer Day
First Flying Pig Animal Sanctuary Volunteer Day of 2023 Happy New Year Everyone! If you enjoy the fresh air, spending the
If you enjoy the fresh air, spending the morning around animals, getting a mild or solid workout (depending on how much you want to do), and hanging out with rescued animals afterwards, then this volunteer opportunity will be perfect for you!
This event will be led by volunteer coordinator, Serena! She will work side-by-side with you and do her best to answer all your questions about the animals or the sanctuary.
- Meet at the Animal Sanctuary at 10 a.m.
- Everyone who’s volunteering will fill out a liability waiver.
- Next they’ll go over basic rules and goals for the day.
- Then, work on projects until 1 p.m. with water breaks in between.
- From 1-2 p.m. you can hang out together, eat together, and spend time with some of the animals who live at Flying Pig Animal Sanctuary.
- You are encouraged to pack a vegan lunch and or snacks if you’ll be hungry after working.
- Please note: Out of respect for their residents they don’t allow animal products on sanctuary grounds.
- Wear comfortable work clothes and shoes.
- Bring your water bottle
- Sunscreen (it’s Sunny at the Sanctuary)
- You may also bring snacks to share with the residents. After projects are completed, you can hang out with some of the animal friends and share treats with them. (12 p.m.-1 p.m.). They enjoy squash, zucchini, non-citrus fruit, lettuce, corn, carrots and cucumbers. The pigs especially love bananas and Cheerios. The chickens especially love cut grapes, apples and blueberries. And the goats especially love apples and Cheerios as treats.
Be sure to tell ’em HOTC sent you!
***This is not a HOTC sponsored project. We are solely acting as a referral service for our non-profits partners.
COVID-19 information: Masks, gloves, and social distancing are still highly encouraged. If you are immune-compromised and/or requested to self-quarantine, feeling unwell, have any symptoms of illness, or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please stay home and join us at a future opportunity. Please follow all current health guidelines by the CDC and local/state officials, and respect those of our non-profit partners and community agencies.
(Sunday) 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM(GMT+00:00)
Flying Pig Animal Sanctuary
197 Darsey Rd.