Our 12th Annual HOTC Day will be Saturday, October 17, 2015 from 9am to noon. Individuals, families, organizations, clubs, churches, schools and businesses are invited to participate in this volunteer-a-thon at various project sites throughout Thomas County.
Last year’s HOTC Day saw more than 1300 volunteers at over 70 different project sites donating more than 5000 hours of time to non-profits in need. Help us make this HOTC Day even bigger and better for our community. To read more about HOTC Day, click here. To volunteer, scroll down!
To sign up for HOTC Day 2015:
• If you are a non-profit or community agency that would like to submit a project site for consideration…We are sorry, we are no longer accepting project sites for HOTC Day 2015.
• If you are a group, organization or business that would like to volunteer...We’re sorry. Registration for HOTC Day 2015 is now closed.
• If you are an individual or family that would like to volunteer…we’re sorry. Registration for HOTC Day 2015 is now closed. If you are already signed up to volunteer, and need child care, click here – Take advantage for free childcare at the YMCA on HOTC Day.
• If you are a Business that would like to be an HOTC Day Sponsor, click here for information. Deadline to be included on tshirts is 9/30.
Once we receive your completed Volunteer Profile Form, we will place you at an appropriate project site as they become available. Please note, although we will try, we are not always able to place you at a specific site you may request. Placements are based on the needs and requirements of our partner non-profits. Youth under age 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult volunteer. Also, some sites may not be appropriate or safe for children under 12. Please take advantage of the FREE YMCA childcare. You may sign up online here.
• Individual adults, and groups of adults of 6 or less, may also sign up directly for these select volunteer opportunities online. (STAY TUNED FOR MORE ONLINE OPTIONS TO COME!) Please note, not all sites will be open for online registration. They will be posted as available. You do not need to send in a volunteer profile form if you register for an online project.)
[one_third] 1 Volunteer to give blood. Even if you can’t volunteer the morning of HOTC Day, you can sign up to give blood any time between 9am – 2pm. If you are volunteering at a project site, you can give blood afterwards at Cherokee Lake. Sign up here. [/one_third] [one_third] 2 Can you sew? Do you have a sewing machine? Volunteer to make comfort pillows and drainage bags and other items for breast cancer patients at Archbold Oncology. [/one_third][one_third_last] 3 Volunteer for the Red Cross. Take the first step in learning how to help your community in times of disaster. Sign up for Red Cross Disaster Training Orientation. [/one_third_last]
Need Pine Straw? Purchase your pine straw, residential or business, from Golden Pine Straw between October 1 – 17, and a donation will be made to HOTC…win, win! Wholesale pricing to non-profit partners. Free delivery for orders of 25+ bales. Call 221-5113 or email.
Youth Volunteers Under Age 12: Not all project sites are safe or appropriate for kids. If you need childcare for an infant, toddler, young or unaccompanied child, please click here to register for free childcare on HOTC Day, compliments of the YMCA. Children 12 and under who are able, will work on age-appropriate volunteer projects at the YMCA under adult supervision. You must register in advance for this service.
Thank you for being part of a community that volunteers!