Our 14th Annual HOTC Day will be Saturday, October 21, 2017 from 9am to noon. Individuals, families, organizations, clubs, churches, schools and businesses are invited to participate in this volunteer-a-thon at various project sites throughout Thomas County.
Last year’s HOTC Day saw more than 1400 volunteers at 70 different project sites donating more than 5000 hours of time to non-profits in need. Help us make this HOTC Day even bigger and better for our community. To see pictures from last year’s HOTC Day, click here; you’ll also find more pics on Facebook.
• If you are a non-profit or community agency that would like to submit a project site for consideration…We are no longer accepting project sites at this time. Please call our office to see how we might be able to help another time.
• If you are a group, organization or business that would like to volunteer…We are no longer accepting online sign-up for volunteers at this time, please call our office to see if space is still available.
• If you are an individual or family that would like to volunteer…We are no longer accepting online sign-up for volunteers at this time, please call our office to see if space is still available.
Once we receive your completed Volunteer Profile Form, we will place you at an appropriate project site as they become available. Please note, although we will try, we are not always able to place you at a specific site you may request. Placements are based on the needs and requirements of our partner non-profits. Youth under age 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult volunteer. Also, some sites may not be appropriate or safe for children under 12. Please take advantage of the FREE YMCA childcare. You may sign up online here.
• Individual adults, and groups of adults of 6 or less, may also sign up directly for these select volunteer opportunities online. (STAY TUNED FOR MORE ONLINE OPTIONS TO COME!) Please note, not all sites will be open for online registration. They will be posted as available. You do not need to send in a volunteer profile form if you register for an online project.)
1 Volunteer to give blood. Even if you can’t volunteer the morning of HOTC Day, you can sign up to give blood any time between 10 am – 2 pm. If you are volunteering at a project site, you can give blood afterwards at Garrison Pilcher Elementary. Click here to sign up in advance.
2 Crafts For A Cause – Do you have a sewing machine? If so, bring it! If not, cutters, stuffers, and packers also needed. Volunteer to make comfort pillows, drainage bags and other items for cancer patients. THIS SITE IS FULL!
• If you are a Business or Organization that would like to be an HOTC Day Sponsor, click here. Deadline to be included on tshirts is 9/30.
• Give to the Tool Drive – it takes the right tools and supplies for volunteers to get the job done. Make an in-kind donation to help the cause. Click here to view our Wish List.
• Need Pine Straw? – contact Golden Pine Straw at (229) 221-5113. In return, a donation will be made to HOTC!
REMINDER – Youth Volunteers Under Age 12: Not all project sites are safe or appropriate for kids. If you need childcare for an infant, toddler, young or unaccompanied child, please click here to register for free childcare on HOTC Day, compliments of the YMCA. Children 12 and under who are able, will work on age-appropriate volunteer projects at the YMCA under adult supervision. You must register in advance for this service. All youth under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all project sites.
Thank you for being part of a community that volunteers!