Our 13th Annual HOTC Day will be Saturday, October 22, 2016 from 9am to noon. Individuals, families, organizations, clubs, churches, schools and businesses are invited to participate in this volunteer-a-thon at various project sites throughout Thomas County. This year’s project sites include: One Blood Drive, MNW Boys & Girls Club, KTCB, City of Boston, City of Thomasville, Crafts For A Cause, Douglass HS, Friends of Lost Creek Forest, Butterfly Garden, Habitat For Humanity, Halcyon Home, Hands & Hearts For Horses, Hebrew Cemetery, Historical Society, Legacy Village, Downtown Main Street, Manna Drop at Harper Elementary, Metcalfe Community Association, Metcalfe Heritage Society, Miss Kitty Feline Sanctuary, Nepenthic Society, Oak Street Mission, Red Cross, Mail For Heroes, Rescue Mission, Salvation Army, Second Harvest, Sunrise Community, Thomas County BOE, Thomas County Middle School, Thomasville Landmarks, TOSAC, United Way, Vashti, Woodleaf, YMCA, and more!
Last year’s HOTC Day saw more than 1500 volunteers at over 70 different project sites donating more than 5000 hours of time to non-profits in need. Help us make this HOTC Day even bigger and better for our community. To see pictures from last year’s HOTC Day, click here; you’ll also find more pics on Facebook.
• If you are a non-profit or community agency that would like to submit a project site for consideration…click here. WE ARE SORRY, WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING PROJECT SITES.
• If you are a group, organization or business that would like to volunteer…click here. WE ARE SORRY, ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. EMAIL US TO SEE WHAT SELECT SPOTS ARE STILL AVAILABLE.
• If you are an individual or family that would like to volunteer…click here. WE ARE SORRY, ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. EMAIL US TO SEE WHAT SELECT SPOTS ARE STILL AVAILABLE.
Once we receive your completed Volunteer Profile Form, we will place you at an appropriate project site as they become available. Please note, although we will try, we are not always able to place you at a specific site you may request. Placements are based on the needs and requirements of our partner non-profits. Youth under age 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult volunteer. Also, some sites may not be appropriate or safe for children under 12. Please take advantage of the FREE YMCA childcare. You may sign up online here.
• Individual adults, and groups of adults of 6 or less, may also sign up directly for these select volunteer opportunities online. (STAY TUNED FOR MORE ONLINE OPTIONS TO COME!) Please note, not all sites will be open for online registration. They will be posted as available. You do not need to send in a volunteer profile form if you register for an online project.)
1 Volunteer to give blood. Even if you can’t volunteer the morning of HOTC Day, you can sign up to give blood any time between 9am – 1:30pm. If you are volunteering at a project site, you can give blood afterwards at Cherokee Lake. CLICK HERE to sign up in advance.
3 Need Pine Straw? September 1 – October 22, purchase your pine straw from Golden Pine Straw and a portion of the sale will be donated to HOTC. Free delivery for 25+ bales. Call 229-221-5113 for pricing and info. You must mention HOTC for us to receive the donation!
• If you are a Business or Organization that would like to be an HOTC Day Sponsor, click here for information. Deadline to be included on tshirts is 9/30.
• Give to the Tool Drive – it takes the right tools and supplies for volunteers to get the job done. Make an in-kind donation to help the cause. Click here to view our Wish List.
REMINDER – Youth Volunteers Under Age 12: Not all project sites are safe or appropriate for kids. If you need childcare for an infant, toddler, young or unaccompanied child, please click here to register for free childcare on HOTC Day, compliments of the YMCA. Children 12 and under who are able, will work on age-appropriate volunteer projects at the YMCA under adult supervision. You must register in advance for this service. All youth under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all project sites.
Thank you for being part of a community that volunteers!